Travelling to Ballarat - Important Information
Ballarat is located just one hour and 15 minutes West of Melbourne. Please see below alternative means of transport to the Ballarat Mercure and Convention Centre.
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
There is an airport shuttle bus that goes directly from either Melbourne Tullarmine Airport or Melbourne Avalon Airport to Ballarat. You are able to pre-book your seats on this by clicking the link below.
The pickup points for the shuttle bus are:
Purple bus Zone 'Direct Buses'
Ground Floor opposite the International Terminal. Click here to view Google Maps.
Cross over to the second road at the pedestrian crossing
Ballarat Railway Station.
Bus Bay 3. Click here to view Google Map.
- Public Transport
1) All trains depart from Southern Cross Station.
2) Once arriving into Melbourne Airport, take the Skybus to Southern Cross Station. The Skybus departs from Melbourne Airport every 10 minutes and it is an approximate 30 minute journey. Tickets for Skybus can be pre purchased or purchased on arrival, for more information visit http://www.skybus.com.au/.
3) From Southern Cross Station, take a VLine train to Ballarat via Melton. Visit http://www.vline.com.au for timetable information.
4) From Ballarat Railway Station, take a bus towards Buninyong, this trip takes around 10 minutes and will stop out the from of the Ballarat Lodge Hotel (Mercure Ballarat Hotel and Convention Centre, 613 Main Road, Golden Point)
1) Taxis are another option from Melbourne Airport to Ballarat. This is an expensive option with an approximate cost of $268. There is a taxi rank outside Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
1) Melbourne Airport has six car rental companies located on site. All have offices on the ground floor of the short term car park, and information desks in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals. Please visit http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/To-From-the-Airport/Rental-Cars/Overview.htmlfor further information.